We hope the process for the grant scheme is running smoothly for all clients.
Easy tips to help you through the process:-
- Go to the eligibility checker first. SEISS eligibility checker
- Create a government gateway account if you don’t already have one.
- HMRC will probably send you a code to your landline or mobile when setting up your gateway account.
- Make sure your contact details are correct and up to date.
- Please claim on the date and time period given by HMRC.
- Make sure you have your unique tax reference and national insurance number ready to input into the claim.
- Watch out for a declaration section about trading in 2019/2020 and intending to trade in 2020/21. The answer to this section may determine your eligibility for the claim, so be certain about your trading activity in 2019/20 and your current intentions going forward.
- Print off the claim calculations from HMRC.
- If your eligibility is negative and you don’t understand why, then phone HMRC on 0800 024 1222.
Any current client that is unsure how HMRC have worked out their claim can drop us an email and upload the calculations to their portal account. We’ll then have a look at the claim calculation. We can offer this additional free service to our clients if we prepared your 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19 tax returns.
Any existing client with less than three completed tax returns should also contact us if they are uncertain of the calculations. Please make sure that you have only used our services over this period.